In our practice we have treated people both short term and long term. Some of the reasons a person may come to our office are: Conduct Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, ADHD, Anxiety Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mood Disorders.
- Mental illness indirectly affects all Canadians at some time through a family member, friend or colleague.
- 20% of Canadians will personally experience a mental illness in their lifetime.
- Mental illness affects people of all ages, educational and income levels, and cultures.
- Approximately 8% of adults will experience major depression at some time in their lives.
- About 1% of Canadians will experience bipolar disorder (or “manic depression”).
- Anxiety disorders affect 5% of the household population, causing mild to severe impairment. from (Canadian Mental Health Association.)